When we’re not busy working on our own quilts, we love to explore how textile fans around the world use fabric. So we’re excited to hear that quilting travel company Stitchtopia are planning an Indian adventure next Spring.
Quilt pro Karin Hellaby will be leading the crafting and stitching trip to India in March 2018. Indian textiles are famed for their the rich textures and vibrant colours so we’re officially adding this holiday to our wish list for the new year! The tour will take in iconic locations in Delhi, Varanasi, Jodhpur and Udaipur, discovering local crafts and meeting the skilled artisans who create fabric masterpieces along the way. The trip itinerary includes a two night stay in historic Lucknow –renowned for its beautiful embroidery.
Other highlights include:
- Enjoy an exclusive workshop led by Karin – so you’ll have the chance to get creative while you’re on your travels
- Visit The Crafts Museum in Delhi
- Join weavers for a workshop in Varanasi
- Learn about the embroidery styles of Chikan, Zari and Aari in Lucknow, and join an interactive workshop with a local designer.
- Visit the workshops of Dhurrie rug makers in Jodphur
- Visit a Rajasthani village to see local women embroidering sarees and craftsmen creating colourful threads for typical Rajasthani shoes.
- Take in the workshops of gold block printers, miniature painters and puppet makers during a trip to Udaipur.
Find out more
Visit www.stitchtopia.co.uk for full details, dates and prices.
We love Indian textiles for their dazzling drama and rich, textured details!