Where has the time gone? It feels like yesterday that our sister TV channel Sewing Quarter first launched on Freeview. We’ve been lucky enough to work closely with them ever since and they’ve got some exciting plans lined up to celebrate their birthday, starting this week!
Tune in from Thursday 7th February for 6 days of jam-packed birthday festivities, with new projects to make, guest presenters to learn from and lots of offers and giveaways to mark their birthday. We’ve heard on the grapevine they’ll be kick-starting the week by launching a new Kaffe Fassett fabric range this Thursday!
- You can watch the Shows live at www.sewingquarter.com, on Sky channel 687, on Freeview channel 73 or on Youtube.
- Find out what they’ve got lined up for their birthday week here
- For more TV treats, read all about the new series of the Great British Sewing Bee
So what’s in store?
- Learn something new with 12 New & Exclusive sewing projects on air from tomorrow until 12th February.
- Meet the experts: The shows presenters will be joined by 15 special guests including: Mandy Shaw, Lisa Lam, Alistair MacDonald & more.
- Enter daily competitions: They’re giving away freebies every day until next Tuesday.
- Shop the latest fabrics: Kick-starting the week with new Kaffe Fassett fabrics on 7th February, other new releases will include Lisa Lam’s Sashiko-inspired range and new Harry Potter fabrics for all you Hogwarts fans.
- Enjoy birthday freebies: During the birthday extravaganza, every customer will get a free Sewing Quarter pin badge* (we have one and can confirm they are lovely!) plus a tote bag and template* for everyone spending over £30. *While stocks last.
“What’s that? Did you say Sewing TV?”
Oh yes, you heard us right! If you haven’t yet seen our sister TV channel, Sewing Quarter features top UK (and US) quilt designers to bring you key techniques and exciting new sewing projects, designed just for the channel, for you to make at home.
The channel’s buyers have travelled the world to find must-have fabrics and accessories for your kit. Be inspired to take your hobby to the next level, as they’ll be offering daily sewing tutorials, tips and tricks plus the best of sewing stash for you to play with.
We got to chat to fan-favourite presenter John Scott back when Sewing Quarter launched last year…
Presenter Q&A: Meet John Scott
When did your passion for fabric begin?
I worked with fabrics while making costumes in theatre. As Costume Supervisor on Interview with the Vampire I would shop for fabrics with the uber-talented Costume Designer Sandy Powell. Her innate sense of colour and texture totally left me in awe.
Which colours and patterns are you naturally drawn to?
I love the patterns of Asia and colour clashing. If Mother Nature puts two colours together then it’s alright for me to do so too! I adore Liberty Tana Lawn. When I cut the ladies’ dresses for the National tour of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers they were made from Liberty fabric. I was in 7th heaven!
Is there a particular quilting technique you’d like to learn?
Ever since I can remember I have had patchwork quilts on my bed; now I have one in all my bedrooms but have never made one. There are so many quilting styles so I feel I’m going to be very busy learning them all!
So what can you expect from Sewing Quarter TV!
We asked the Sewing Quarter team to tell us what our readers can expect from their sewing shopping channel. Here’s what you can see on air…
- All your favourite products at delightfully affordable prices
- The best new sewing and quilting products in the land with you in mind
- Experts share their knowledge with you (and with us – we love to learn too!)
- Shopping for stash that’s as easy as pie (and just as satisfying!) – they’ll deliver your products within 4-6 working days
- A 30-day “no quibble” guarantee (because us creative types are allowed to change our minds)
- Programmes filled with fun, passion and plenty of surprises!