We’re buzzing with creativity and can’t wait to get our hands on issue 38 of Today’s Quilter magazine, with a tempting trove of quilting treasures hidden within. Here’s what’s in store this month…
Order your copy of issue 38 today and let your creativity bloom with a plethora of pretty designs that will surely bring the summer spirit to your home! Everything’s coming up roses with Angela Attwood’s sensational floral design, test your appliqué skills with Alice Garrett’s elegant heirloom and channel your inner-artist with Lesley Brankin’s fresh ideas for updating your patchwork. And celebrate quilting history with our 1718 Silk Coverlet 300th Anniversary Souvenir Supplement.
- Grab your copy of issue 38 in our online store
- Read all about our 1718 Silk Coverlet Souvenir Supplement
- Browse our gallery of Silk Coverlet-inspired tribute quilts
Learn all there is to know about British patchwork history in our 1718 Silk Patchwork 300th Anniversary Souvenir Supplement, with fascinating articles detailing the conservation process, a gallery showcasing tribute quilts to mark the occasion (see more here), a step-by-step guide to creating your very own replica and find out how to sew Joy Edgington’s heritage wallhanging project, inspired by the Coverlet.
What’s inside the issue?
Here’s our preview of the projects and features that you can find inside issue 38 of Today’s Quilter…
Buds and Blooms: Bring classic florals up-to-date with this month’s stunning cover quilt. Join Angela Attwood in celebrating the English rose with subtle pinks, pretty blooms and a contemporary geometric twist.
Midnight Blue: Add a touch of elegance to your home with Alice Garrett’s exquisite quilt that effortlessly marries Liberty prints, appliqué motifs and graceful blue hues. Quilted by Lou Lou Rioux.
Summer Sprigs: Inspired by a vintage Laura Ashley print, Nicola Dodd’s classic quilt heralds sunny days with appliquéd stems, pieced buds and leaves that dance across this delicate quilt. Quilted by Jayne Brereton at Quilter’s Trading Post.
Vintage Nine-patch: Pay tribute to a classic design with Sharon Keightley’s antique-inspired patchwork that beautifully fuses rich hues, delicate florals and a vintage Nine-patch pattern.
Scrappy Flowers: Put paintbrush to patchwork and create a striking wallhanging with Lesley Brankin’s fresh and exciting ideas.
The Vintage Home: Block of the month Our newest instalment in our series of Jo Avery’s beautiful quilt blocks continues with a fabulous vintage sewing machine.
All this, plus great reads…
- 1718 Silk Patchwork Coverlet: Celebrate the tercentenary with this Souvenir Supplement.
- Meet the artist: Anne Williams talks to Pat Archibald about her travel-inspired textiles.
- Quilting Heritage: Discover the trove of unexpected treasures at the National Trust’s Wallington estate.
- Essential Guide: Go back to basics and become a border expert.
- From the desk of Lynne Edwards: Lynne talks folded and pieced Flying Geese Techniques.