It’s here! Our long-awaited Summer Meadow cover quilt by Alice Caroline’s Alice Garrett hits the shops this week. All this luscious Liberty has got us smitten with ditsy prints and summer shades on our sewing tables. Read on to see what else you’ll discover inside issue 25…
Medallion quilt: Sew a summer meadow
Treat your homes and sewing rooms to a delicious dose of Liberty prints with our Summer Meadow cover quilt – designed by Alice Garrett (of Alice Caroline fame) and quilted by Lou Lou Rioux (below).
Raise your quilting game with our free stencils!
We’ve added a very special cover gift to every single copy of issue 25: 4 really handy quilting stencils, exclusively designed for you. They’re an essential addition to your quilting kit, whether you prefer hand or machine quilting. We’ve created a beautiful flower cushion (designed by Laura Pritchard) with our set to inspire you.
Sink your teeth into our Apple Cores quilt
Looking for an eye-catching quilt top that stands out from the rest? You’ll love Carolyn Forster‘s Apple Cores quilt… it’s a great chance to practise your curved piecing.
Sew our Sweet Bunnies & Cream quilt
Enjoy a spot of vintage-inspired quilting this summer with Sally Ablett’s two-block quilt in the prettiest of pastel shades. We love the bunny detail in the fabric she’s used (Lauren Nash’s Bunnies & Cream range for Penny Rose fabrics).
Pre-cuts inspiration: Barn Dance
Create a wonderful sense of movement in your piecing with our Barn Dance quilt by Pam & Nicky Lintott.
Block of the month! Jo Avery’s done it again
Just when we think we can’t love her A Month in the Country quilt blocks any more, she surprises us with a new block that we can’t wait to get piecing! Jo’s Pond Life block is the 11th in the series and is a beautiful chance to be playful with English Paper Piecing. We’ve featured one version of this block below, or see the second variation that Jo’s created (featuring lily pads) over in our Issue 25 templates post.
Also inside issue 25…
We haven’t just come up with some lovely projects for you, we’ve got great reads too:
- Meet the designers: Our Features Editor Jane Rae chats to American fabrics designer Alison Glass
- Quilt as desired: Susan Briscoe on sashiko stitching
- Mastery and momentum: why we can’ wait for this summer’s large-scale quilts exhibition at Festival of Quilts
- From the desk of Lynne Edwards MBE: should you make a quick gift of heirloom treasure? Lynne’s here to help you decide!
- Diary dates: and of course we’ve gathered together our regular collection of all the sewing and quilting events that are cluttering up our calendar (in the best possible way!) this summer