Saunter into autumn and celebrate the season of rich tones and cool, crisp weather with issue 40 of Today’s Quilter. Here’s what’s in store this month…
Synonymous with cosy clothing and quilt cocoons, autumn is the season that patchwork was made for and this month we’ve got a simply stunning selection to get started on. Embrace the seasons with Lynne Goldsworthy’s autumnal beauty, which marries blush pinks and rich reds in this one-block wonder. Sew simple hexagons to fashion the Lintott’s charming honeycomb design, and pair contrasting textures and colours to create Karen Lewis’ authentic Gee’s Bend quilt.
Plus, mix and match the 30 floral and bird-themed appliqué templates included with the issue to create a pretty cushion that’s ideal for nature lovers. And add the final pieces to Jo Avery’s Vintage Home Block of the Month quilt with the charming cross stitch and feline-themed designs.
- Grab your copy of issue 40 in our online store
- Mix and match 30 appliqué templates with this month’s gift
- Download your quilting templates for issue 40
Mix and match 30 appliqué templates
Become an appliqué expert with issue 40 of Today’s Quilter as this month each and every issue comes with 30 floral and bird-themed appliqué templates! That’s right, we’ve hand-picked 30 versatile templates so that your designs will bloom this autumn. Need inspiration? Our Technical Editor has made a colourful cushion using the set and it’s the perfect project for any nature lover!
What’s inside the issue?
Here’s our preview of the projects and features that you can find inside issue 40 of Today’s Quilter…
Maple Leaf: Wrap up and prepare for autumn with this month’s cover star quilt made by Lynne Goldsworthy. With a twist on the classic Maple Leaf block, this warm and rustic design is a seasonal show-stopper.
Homespun Honeycomb: Piece together rich and honey-toned hexagons to fashion the Lintott’s simple but stunning Jelly Roll project.
Sing, Little Songbird: Appliqué songbirds and blooms with this month’s gift to create a colourful cushion made by our Technical Editor, Laura Pritchard.
Gee’s Bend: Inspired by the celebrated ancestral quilts from Gee’s Bend, Alabama, Karen Lewis’ spin on those unique and culturally-significant designs pays homage with a vibrant, scrappy design.
A Novel Quilt: Sew your knick-knacks and novels to life with Julie Yates’ individual quilt.
Vintage Home: Block of the month It’s all about ornamentation and art with this month’s feline-themed and cross stitch-inspired blocks.
All this, plus great reads…
- Meet the artist: Anne Williams talks to Janet Twinn about her abstract landscape-inspired art quilts.
- Quilting Heritage: Jane Rae uncovers the tragic story of Joe the Quilter.
- Essential Guide: Enrich your stitching repertoire with Lin Clement’s guide to the versatile Half-rectangle Triangle.
- Countryside Quilting with Jo Colwill: Meet the newest addition to the Today’s Quilter team and find all there is to know about the mastermind behind Cowslip Workshops.