Our new issue hits the shops later this week and she’s a beauty! Embrace bountiful batiks, enjoy some hand sewing therapy with our foundation paper piecing (FPP) bonus gifts and enjoy the final design in our A Month in the Country Block of the Month series. We’ve filled issue 27 with everything you need to inspire lots of cosy nights in with your quilting.
Issue 27 will be available in shops this Thursday or you can preorder your copy in our online store.
- Download your issue 27 quilters templates here
- PLUS download our bonus Foundation Paper Piecing templates
- It’s our birthday issue – subscribe and save 50% to celebrate.
In the mean time, here’s a picture preview to show you what we’ve got lined up for our September issue…
Take your FPP to the next level
Master advanced piecing with our Foundation Paper Piecing supplement and handy template sheets. There really is nothing like FPP for piecing beautiful shapes, from compasses to ornate sunbursts, and Lynne Goldsworthy shares eight stunning designs with you in our free mini mag. The magic of completing the last stitch of an FPP design and stepping back to admire our handiwork is one of our biggest patchwork pleasures and we can’t wait to see what you make with your gifts.
Don’t forget to download your free Foundation paper piecing templates here on the blog too!
Batik Beauty: sew this cosy quilt that’s perfect for snuggling under on an autumn day – Julie Yates is embracing seasonal shades with our cover quilt this issue.
Paintbox quilt: Use fabrics and thread as your ‘paints’ to create a gorgeous piece of artwork for your home with this wall hanging by Katharine Guerreir (quilted by Lynn Cooke).
Written in the stars: Sally Ablett takes a walk down memory lane with this Friendship Star quilt made from pretty checked and floral fabrics.
Argyle chain: Combine two different types of Irish Chain quilt blocks to make Jo Avery’s Argyle plaid design – creating a visually arresting quilt.
New Directions: Set your course to navigate curves and points with Carolyn Forster’s fresh take on the classic compass block. Quilted by The Quilt Room.
Jo Avery completes her A month in the Country block of the month series with this delightful flower garland block.
All this plus…
- From the desk of Lynne Edwards MBE – Lynne revelas her love of quilt labels
- Grand Designs – Jane Rae and Jo Avery join forces to explore the work of Sarah Campbell
- Essential Guide: How to make Dresden plates with rulers
- Meet the artist: our new series on art quilters we meet quitler, wirter and quilt judge Linda Stewart to talk about the art of quilting.