Say hello to our new issue! This month we’re all about Log Cabins…. of the quilt blocks variety that is. Our Senior Editor Jenny describes them: ‘the unsung heros of the quilting world’ and we’re delving into their history in our Log Cabin Quilts supplement, free with issue 25 of Today’s Quilter magazine.
As well as inspiration galleries and a delicious dose of quilt history, you’ll also get to master advanced ways to piece them and sew Lynne Goldsworthy’s intricately constructed quilt (below). And that’s just this month’s free gift! Wait until you see what else we’ve got in store…
Also inside our new issue: try your hand at stained-glass appliqué, piece Carolyn Forster’s exquisite starry cover quilt and a beautiful addition to Jo Avery’s Block of the Month series – it’s sure to tickle your fancy. Scroll down to see our highlights from issue 24.
Endless Chain Quilt: Use up your scraps to create a unique take on the Endless Chain bock to create this mesmerising design by Carolyn Forster.
Sparkling Gemstones: Showcase large-scale prints from your stash like the bold Kaffe Fassett fabrics that Pam and Nicky Lintott have used here for a summer quilt that will brighten up any room.
Diamond in the Square: Be inspired by Amish patchwork traditions and wool appliqué with Margaret Lee’s eye-catching wall hanging.
- Order your copy of issue 24 in our online store today
- Loving the Log Cabins? Download our bonus FPP templates for neater piecing.
- Get all the quilters templates for issue 24 here
Sugared Hexagons: brighten up your quilting table with floral fabrics – Mel Lewis is having fun with 60-degree triangles in this high impact design.
Perfect Pockets: Sew Mandy Shaw‘s handy organiser to keep all your sewing tools close to hand.
Block of the month: Jo Avery‘s A Month in the Country series turns to our feathered friends for inspiration!
All this, plus delve into the quilting world with these qreat reads…
- From the desk of Lynne Edwards MBE: Lynne shares her tips for transforming unfinished makes into something new.
- Liberty Love: We spend the day with Alice Garrett – owner of Alice Caroline and Liberty hoarder
- Quilt as Desired: find out all about Judith Wilson and her exquisite free-motion quilting
- Essential Guide: stained-glass appliqué can turn an ordinary design into something quite special. Linda Clements shows you how it’s done.