‘Tis the season to get quilting, tra la la la la…” We’ve packed our brand new issue with quilts filled with comfort and cheer to cosy up with in the run up to Christmas…
Make Carolyn Forster’s colourful cover quilt (we were in a seasonal mood when we thought of featuring it in our December issue as it stars the festive-sounding Turkey Tracks block!). Of course it’s just one of a set of gorgeous quilts we’ve got lined up for you to have fun with (Bargello brights anyone?) and why not try turned-edge appliqué with our Essential Guide or discover the secrets of India’s quilting heritage? Plus don’t miss part two our Vintage Home block of the month and we’ve got a very special supplement for you this month…
We’ve always had a fondness for Sunbonnet Sue, so we left at the chance to join forces with Christine Porter and Darra Williamson to bring you this new seasonal supplement starring four adorable Sue designs to sew and treasure.
Combine colourful fabrics with the classic Turkey Tracks block to create this stunning design that looks like bright tracks on fresh snow.
Recreate a clever pinwheel effect with fabrics in brooding, deep shades to make a fascinating quilt.
If you’ve never tried Bargello quilting before, now’s your chance! Crashing waves and seagulls feature in this dynamic quilt that’s easier to piece than you might think.
Put the kettle on… this month our Vintage Home BOM continues with quilt blocks themed on teacups, combining two of our favourite things in life – tea and sewing!
Clashing colours and lines of hand stitching feature in this wonderful weekend project inspired by the quilts made by the Sides of India.
Use Lynne’s clever technique of rolling back layered fabric to create stunning curves with ease with this eye-catching quilt project.
All this, plus great reads…
- From the desk of Lynne Edwards, MBE: this month, Lynne tackles teaching children how to cut fabric and blanket stitching around corners
- A global village: Jane Rae delves into India’s rich quilting heritage
- Essential guide: Making blocks with Turned-edge Appliqué
- Meet the artist: Anne Williams talks to Alicia Merrett about her dazzling and evocative contemporary map quilts.
- Measure for Measure: We chat to Philippa Naylor about the quilt that got everyone talking at this year’s Festival of Quilts.