Issue 43 of Today’s Quilter is jam-packed full of inspirational designs to try this month. Here’s what’s in store…
If you’re short on time, stitch Victoria Carrington’s beautiful appliqué clock project – it’s quick and easy to make, and the ideal last-minute gift for a crafty friend. Be inspired by Lynne Goldsworthy’s luxurious silk dupion and cream Winter Icicles quilt, add a splash of colour to your home with the Lintotts’ Northern Lights design, bring the warmth of the season with autumnal tones in Chris Franses’ Dresden Fan wallhanging and more.
Plus, let florals flourish in your home this winter with Nicola Dodd’s charming cover quilt, Baskets in Bloom. And if all this wasn’t exciting enough, get your handy ¼in ruler and seam marker with each issue – ideal for ensuring perfect seams, every time!
- Grab your copy of issue 43 in our online store
- Get perfect ¼in seams with this month’s gift
- Download your quilting templates for issue 43
Get perfect ¼in seams every time…
A quilter’s favourite measurement has surely got to be the ¼in seam as it is needed for almost every stage of making a quilt. And so, this month we’ve created a handy ¼in ruler and seam maker – ideal for ensuring the perfect seam, every time!
What’s inside the issue?
Here’s our preview of the projects and features that you can find inside issue 43 of Today’s Quilter…
Baskets in Bloom: Sew sweet baskets and fresh florals with Nicola Dodd’s crisp and colourful cover quilt design.
Northern Lights: Wrap up under the colourful night’s sky with the Lintotts’ vibrant Jelly Roll quilt.
Winter Icicles: Bring excitement to the dull winter with Lin Clements’ striking quilt. A light cream print echoes a snowy sky, while silk dupion makes the icicles shimmer.
Autumnal Bliss: Bring the warmth of the season into your home with this Chris Franses’ beautiful autumnal wallhanging.
Time to Sew: Let time slip away as you stitch ditsy fabrics and a calming colour palette in Victoria Carrington’s charming clock project.
All this, plus great reads…
- Meet the artist: Anne Williams talks to Terry Donaldson about her coastal-inspired textile art.
- Textile Heritage: Jane Rae talks to Janice Gunner about her life in textiles as she heads back to the classroom.
- Essential Guide: Finish your FPP training with this final installment.
- Countryside Quilting: Jo Colwill shares her love of seasonal makes, with an autumnal apple quilt in the making.