This is an exciting day for Today’s Quilter – Senior Editor Jenny has made her video debut with our patchwork bag kit!
The TQ team has put together a bespoke patchwork bag kit to make not one but two gorgeous tote bags using Tilda fabric. It’s simple piecing so that you can concentrate on honing your bag-making skills, demonstrated by Jenny in the video. We had so much fun putting this video together! Having watched many ‘behind-the-scenes’ films we thought we knew the drill, but discovered that:
– Instead of the old-fashioned clapper board, a common practise now is for the performer to clap their hands
– There is no more standing under hot lights; modern lights stay cool so our make-up stayed in place (phew)
– However wonderful the technology, someone still has to make endless cups of tea and run out to get sandwiches!
It was a ‘cinematic’ learning curve that was nerve-wracking and exciting all at once. We’re delighted with the results and hope you’ll love it too!
The featured patchwork bag kit includes
• Pattern instructions for two patchwork bags
• 42-piece Charm Pack – Tilda’s Autumn Tree print fabric
• Tilda’s Autumn Tree print fabric for bag lining
• Gütermann 100m matching sewing machine thread
• Sew-in interfacing
• PLUS! Issue 10 of Today’s Quilter magazine
Click through to the video on YouTube for all the details and information about how to order the kit. If you do make the patchwork bags, we’d love to see them on Facebook, or send us an email at TodaysQuilter@immediate.co.uk
And that’s a wrap!